Stamping die is currently a widely used manufacturing method in the manufacturing industry, but the current level of stamping die production in my country is not ideal, and there is still a gap between it and western developed countries, especially in the relatively short service life of stamping die , The short service life will directly affect the use of products, and at the same time, it will directly affect the development of my country’s manufacturing industry. Therefore, how to effectively improve the service life of stamping dies is very important. It can play a certain role in the development of stamping dies. Keywords: stamping die life method measures, stamping dies are used very frequently in my country’s manufacturing industry, especially in the automobile manufacturing industry, stamping dies are the key to automobile manufacturing.
The improvement of the service life of stamping dies is a very comprehensive problem. It is necessary to analyze the factors affecting the service life of stamping dies from many aspects, and take targeted measures to continuously improve the service life of the dies.
Wear of stamping dies Wear failure is a relatively common form of stamping die failure at present. The failure caused by the wear of the die during the metal stamping process. Generally speaking, the possible wear during the stamping process includes blade passivation and groove marks on the surface. , Edges and corners are rounded, etc., and the reasons for wear failure can be mainly analyzed from the following points:
- One is that due to insufficient hardness, the mold comes into contact with the material during the stamping process, and friction between them is caused by the punching force, which causes the stamping die to strain and fail;
- Second, when the mold presses the material, some debris of the material will fall down due to the pressure, and the debris will generate friction between the material and the mold, which intensifies the wear of the mold and leads to the problem of mold failure;
- The third is that due to insufficient finish, the surface of the mold is stained with blank metal during the stamping process. These metal dusts have a certain effect on the material, resulting in changes in the size of the material, which leads to the appearance of product strain failure.
Influencing factors of the service life of stamping dies At the current stage, in order to solve the service life of stamping dies, the heat treatment process, material selection and structural design problems should be solved first, so that it is possible to continuously improve the service life of stamping dies. The factors contributing to the service life of stamping dies include the following:
2.1 Material selection of stamping die
The material selection of the mold itself has a very obvious impact on the life of the mold. The metal properties of the material itself will directly affect the strength requirements of the mold and have a certain impact on the mold material. The mold will be impacted and vibrated during the stamping process. And the influence of high-strength pressure makes the mold prone to corresponding hidden dangers and shortens the service life.
2.2 The influence of the structure of the stamping die
- First, whether the mold structure design is reasonable or not will directly affect the service life of the mold. If its structure design is unreasonable, it will directly cause the direction of force to be not concentrated, which will cause the mold to deform during the stamping process;
- Second, the structural design of the stamping die should not be too complicated. If it is too complicated, the possibility of wear and deformation of the die will increase, thereby reducing the service life of the die;
- Third, the setting of stamping parameters will have a greater impact on the service life of the mold itself.
2.3 Influence of mold heat treatment
The stamping die must be subjected to heat treatment when stamping, and the method of heat treatment will directly affect the service life of the stamping die. First of all, in the quenching stage, due to the relatively high heating temperature, the mold is overheated and burned, which weakens the toughness of the mold itself. In this way, the mold will crack due to insufficient toughness during long-term use. At the same time, if the quenching temperature is too low, the wear resistance of the mold itself will decrease, and then the mold will wear and fail. Therefore, the mold needs to be protected to a certain extent during the heat treatment. If the protection is not in place, the surface will be caused. A certain oxide layer is formed, resulting in a decrease in the wear resistance of the mold.